Last weekend I was very fortunate to check out the new Saturday Brunch at Indigo restaurant (highly recommend – check out the post click here). I met with Chef Nitin Raheja who is responsible for delivering the top notch food that we enjoyed. Chef Nitin knows his stuff. With many years of experience behind him, he has been at Indigo at the Beach Rotana for the past year. Whilst he can not give all his secrets away, I did manage to get the recipe for the Mint Chutney – which is by far the best I have had.
Now you can make this at home and impress your family and friends. Look at the ingredients. It looks like one of those detox recipes so you know it is made with all the good stuff that your body needs. This can be paired with another fruity chutney and served as a dip or use it as a sauce to flavour up some rice or chicken.
100 gm Mint leaves
100 gm Coriander leaves
50 gm Spinach Leaves
20 ml Lemon juice
15 gm Green chili
20 gm Ginger
10 gm Garlic
4 gm Spice kebab masala/ Chaat Masala
50 gm Yogurt
Salt – according to taste
1. Pick and wash/sanitize the coriander and mint leaves.
2. Roughly chop the spinach leaves and the ginger.
3. Wash & sanitize all the ingredients; squeeze the lemon to take out the juice and reserve.
4. Grind all the above ingredients in the food blender till a fine paste adding ice cubes and lemon juice.
5. Season it with the spices kebab masala/ Chaat masala and salt.
6. Whisk in the yogurt to finally get the smooth texture.
Serve with poppadoms and a fruit chutney.