Hello Ladies. I am back. I love cooking stir fry. Here is my recipe for a delicious chicken stir fry. It is really easy and is a nice way to change up your mid week meal.
- 500 grams skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups sliced carrot
- 2 cups fresh pea pods
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
Method of cooking:
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces, set aside. For sauce, in a medium bowl stir together rice vinegar, soy sauce, water, fish sauce (if desired), cornstarch and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Pour oil into a wok or skillet. Heat over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic, cook for 15 seconds. Add carrot, cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add pea pods and green onion for another 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from wok.
- Add the chicken to wok. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Push chicken from the center of wok. Stir sauce and add to the center of wok. Cook and stir until bubbly and thickened. Return vegetables to wok. Add the 1/3 cup peanut, cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Serve with cooked rice and sprinkle with chopped peanuts (if desired).